Sanibel City Council To Discuss Clean Water Sampling Program.
The Sanibel City Council will discuss the Sanibel Clean Water sampling program conducted by the Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation at this Tuesday’s meeting.
- Part of Phase 3 of the Comprehensive Nutrient Management Plan
- A total of 72 lakes, ponds, and stormwater collection systems were sampled across the Island by the Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation (SCCF)
- Dry vs. Wet season sampling
- Develop baseline water quality data for each water body that was sampled, and rank each community from most impaired to least impaired.
- Make best management practice recommendations for each individual community, based on the data collected, that would work best to improve water quality in their respective waterbody.
Suggested Best Practices Include
- Lake-Friendly Landscaping
- Proper Irrigation Practices
- Stormwater Retrofits
- Runoff Control
- Proper Pet Waste Disposal
- Turf Grass Selection
- Proper Mowing Techniques
- Exotic Fish Removal
- Nutrient-rich Sediment Dredging
- Reuse Water Fertilizer Calculator
- Landscaper Selection
For more information, please see SanibelCleanWater.org.