City Of Sanibel Hurricane Seminar For 2016 Season
May 27th, 2016 @ 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
BIG Arts Center located at 900 Dunlop Road, Sanibel, Florida.
The City of Sanibel issued the following news release.
“The City of Sanibel will sponsor the 2016 Hurricane Seminar in an effort to educate the residents, property owners, business owners and Island workers.
The Seminar is free and reservations are not required. It is very important to take the time to attend this Seminar to ensure that you receive all the current information in the City’s Hurricane Plan. Main topics to be discussed will be the 2016 Hurricane predictions, Family Hurricane Planning, the use of social media in emergencies and City of Sanibel Building codes.
The Seminar will be held May 27th, 2016 @ 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the BIG Arts Center located at 900 Dunlop Road, Sanibel, Florida.
Sanibel hurricane re-entry permits will be available for residents and businesses. For requirements please visit the Hurricane Reentry Pass Program city webpage. New 2016 hurricane re-entry passes have been issued. Older passes are no longer valid.
- Dave Roberts, the City of Sanibel’s weather consultant, will provide weather related information on hurricane formation, dangers associated with different categories of hurricanes and the dangers of storm surge.
- Jim Bjostad, Lee County Emergency Management Program Manager, will review Lee County’s responsibilities and go over Hurricane Planning for families.
- Sandra Tapfumaneyi, Lee County Emergency Management’s Operations Section Chief will discuss the role of social media in emergency management
- Maggie Goldsmith, Friends In Service here, will discuss Special Needs issues on Sanibel
- Harold Law, City of Sanibel Building Official, will review City building codes.
- Lt. William Dalton Sanibel Police Department, City of Sanibel Emergency Management Director, will be there for any other questions and answers,
- Sanibel Chief of Police William Tomlinson will be in attendance and available to residents, businesses and the community for any other discussions.
If you have any further questions please contact Emergency Management Specialist Lance Henninger at
472- 3111 Ext 234.